Medical Practice Manager
Medical Practice Manager for Dearborn & Associates Institute for Joint Restoration
ABOUT DEARBORN & ASSOCIATES
We are a nationally recognized, orthopaedic surgical practice with clinical offices in Fremont and Menlo Park, California. For more information, please visit DearbornAssoc.com.
You enjoy taking the initiative and possess a high degree of independence, assertiveness, and diplomacy in dealing with healthcare providers, staff and patients in a fast-paced, complex environment. You model and encourage a team-first mindset characterized by respect, courtesy and personal accountability.
ABOUT THIS JOB
You will be responsible for supervising the operational, administrative and business functions of our two clinical offices and be the primary company liaison with the hospital staff. You will have direct access to the CEO and the opportunity to have an impact on a dynamic team of smart people.
• QuickBooks expertise
• Mastery of Microsoft Office
• Organized and extremely detail oriented
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with insurance companies and medical contracts
• Expertise with electronic health record and medical practice management software
• Medical billing experience
Financial: Ability to organize, review and interpret financial reports and make necessary recommendations and implement needed adjustments
• Utilize payroll and full-time equivalent indicators to monitor trends and identify cost-reduction opportunities • Provide strategic input and insight for both clinical offices
• Supervise billing department to ensure A/R indicators are maintained at target levels and that fees and co-pays are collected and posted within standard timeframes
• Analyze and organize clinical operations, policies, and procedures (e.g., payroll, requisitions, correspondence, patient flow, etc.)
• Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures across both clinical offices
• Responsible for orientation, training and performance management of employees
• Supervise human resource needs for all employees, including payroll and benefits
• Maintain vacation calendars on all direct reports
• Provide written and verbal monthly staff updates to CEO
You will be a key player on a dynamic, talented team of medical professionals—people who are smart, fun, kind, and love what they do. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, plus medical, dental, and life insurance. A pension plan is available to employees after one year.