Client Service Associate
The Role: Client Service Associate, Full-Time
Location: Menlo Park
Bordeaux Wealth Advisors is a premier investment advisory and wealth management firm with over $2 billion in assets under management across 120 families. We act as personal CFOs for high net worth individuals and families in growing, preserving and transferring wealth. BWA is proud to be a member of Focus Financial Partners -- a partnership of approximately 50 elite wealth management firms, predominantly in the U.S.
Our mission is to serve as our clients’ most trusted advisor -- guiding them to achieve their financial goals and objectives -- and enabling them to achieve their ideal future. We take a holistic approach of one’s entire financial situation and deliver guidance on investment portfolio construction, income tax and cash flow planning, estate and wealth transfer, insurance and risk management, education and retirement planning, as well as philanthropic gifting.
BWA’s culture is centered on a relentless pursuit of excellence, integrity, honesty, intellectual rigor and curiosity, with a strong client service ethos. We are a proudly independent firm and believe deeply in putting our clients’ interests first.
The Client Service Associate (CSA) is an integral member of our growing client service team working closely with all professionals of the firm to deliver exceptional advice and service to clients of BWA. The CSA will support the firm’s Wealth Advisors through custodial account management and investment portfolio administration.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2+ years of experience in wealth management or related disciplines in investments or other financial services firms. Non-financial background will be considered if the candidate possesses exceptional project management skills, is highly organized and detail oriented and has demonstrated an ability to master new skills. If desired, this position has long term potential to lead to a more senior role as a client-facing Wealth Advisor – but the career development for this position will evolve with the skills, experience and results delivered by the individual who is hired.
The firm is located in Menlo Park, CA and the role will be located full-time in this office during normal business working hours. Ideal candidates will be located within a reasonable commute to the office as relocation assistance will not be offered.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are generally representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive:
• Interface with the custodian to complete all necessary documentation (or online eSignature procedures) required for opening new investment accounts.
• Ongoing account maintenance, research on client issues and routine service requests.
• Handle requests for transfer of funds in and out of accounts.
• Preparation of reports for client meetings.
• Answer basic questions regarding status of client accounts or various portfolio holdings, including preparation of internal reporting updates for team members.
• Assist with investor documentation related to Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate and other types of alternative asset managers, including updates to internal portfolio accounting software.
• Creation and maintenance of ongoing assigned workflow procedures in firm’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
• Assist Wealth Advisor with maintaining confidential client information in CRM.
• Manage service workflow and prioritize projects for effective and efficient completion as well as appropriate electronic filing and storage.
• Specific analytical tasks may include attending internal committee meetings and taking notes or updating or creating spreadsheets to track internal client portfolio or tax issues.
The Client Service Associate position allows one to gain exposure to many areas of financial planning and analysis ranging from:
• Investments and asset allocation
• Income Tax Planning
• Retirement Planning
• Insurance Strategies
• Estate Planning
• Charitable Giving
REQUIREMENTS – EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree
• Relevant work experience is preferred, but not required
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Fundamental computer skills – ability to learn and master CRM and other applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to adapt to team culture, while also working independently and within strict deadlines managing multiple priorities and open projects
• Impeccable integrity and honesty – follow up and reliability
• Interested in opportunities for learning, career development and growth
• Working towards or have completed the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation is preferred, but not required, and final candidate will be offered education assistance to complete
• Strong professional and personal references
• Successfully pass background checks
An attractive compensation package will be offered to the final candidate commensurate with experience and ability. This package will include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, health and disability insurance benefits, a 401(k) plan and paid time off.
For more information apply below