Chief Financial Officer
The Role: Chief Financial Officer, Full-Time
Location: San Francisco
Attivo Partners is a full stack finance and accounting firm located in San Francisco, California. We provide our emerging growth clients with interim CFO, accounting and finance services across industries and at all stages of early growth – from zero to $50M in revenue. At Attivo Partners, we work with some of the most exciting emerging growth companies backed by leading venture capital firms. Working with Attivo Partners means working with these exciting companies within a team that has extensive experience with venture-backed companies and deep finance and accounting expertise. We are excited by the accounting, finance and business challenges inherent in working across many different companies, which provide our team members with excellent opportunities for learning and growing. At Attivo, we take mentoring and training seriously and our partners devote time and energy to developing and nurturing talent. We are a passionate group of people and live our values in everything we do:
Clients first, firm second
Real people providing long-term value
Data drives decisions
Exceptional people doing exceptional work
Constructive and supportive teams
We believe in a culture of knowledge, creativity, collaboration, continuous learning, fun, love and inclusion
The CFO is responsible for all financial affairs of the Client Company and functions as a key part of their management team. The CFO is the engagement lead and manages our Client Company’s financial functions, including accounting, reporting, systems, budgeting, and forecasting. You must be a hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of leader and should enjoy fast-paced, start-up environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
Be a trusted advisor to the CEO and members of the executive management team.
Financial and operating analyses that support business decision making.
Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the Company’s activities.
Analyze company operations to identify operational and cost efficiencies and implement solutions.
Work cross-functionally to develop and disseminate financial and business intelligence across the Company.
Identify and manage risks to the Company’s financial and business health.
Review major contracts and subcontracts for completeness and risk management issues.
Assist the Company with equity and debt financings.
Present financial and operating performance and analyses to the Company’s CEO, management team and Board of Directors.
Oversee tax-related matters to ensure timely compliance.
Oversee all audits/reviews (financial, tax, bank, etc.), maintain relationship with external auditors, and ensure compliance of GAAP requirements.
Assist with special projects assigned by the CEO and/or Board of Directors.
· Ability to earn the trust and respect of the CEO, Board of Directors and management team by establishing a collaborative relationship.
· High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations.
· Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments and industries.
· Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients.
· High-level of integrity, sense of creativity, and good business judgment.
· Strong communication & interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers; ability to effectively communicate with all levels within organizations and a variety of audiences with a range of accounting and finance knowledge.
· Fast learner with high degree of curiosity.
· Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of Attivo Partners.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups and early stage growth companies.
Qualifications & Skills
· Minimum of 10 years of senior financial leadership including 5 years as CFO.
· Minimum 5 years of experience in venture-backed, emerging growth companies.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA/CPA preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
· Ability to strategize and solve problems.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills.
· Excellent communication and people skills.
· Strong project management skills including an ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Other: Generous benefits, bonus program
Seniority Level: Executive level
For more information apply below