Attivo Accounting Manager
We're looking to hire Accounting Managers to join our team at Attivo Partners!
Are you committed to excellence and looking for opportunities to advance your career?
Do you want to work for a company that values work/life balance?
Are you looking for not just another job, but an opportunity to impact the startup community?
Attivo Partners is looking for Accounting Managers to join our growing team!
Attivo Partners is a full-service finance and accounting firm located in San Francisco, California. We provide our emerging growth clients with interim CFO, accounting and finance services across industries and at all stages of early growth – from zero to $50M in revenue. At Attivo, we work with some of the most exciting emerging growth companies backed by leading venture capital firms. Working with Attivo means working with these exciting companies within a team that has extensive experience with venture-backed companies and deep finance and accounting expertise. We are excited by the accounting, finance and business challenges inherent in working across many different companies, which provide our team members with excellent opportunities for learning and growing. At Attivo, we take mentoring and training seriously and our partners devote time and energy to developing and nurturing talent. We are a passionate group of people and live our values in everything we do:
Clients first, firm second
Real people providing long term value
Data drives decisions
Exceptional people doing exceptional work
Constructive and supportive teams
Culture of knowledge, creativity, collaboration, continuous learning, fun, love and inclusion
The Accounting Manager position is a hands-on role, responsible for accounting functions that include general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and tax compliance. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the general accounting for the organization, assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting managing the organization's cash, and assisting with the creation of departmental budgets and forecasts. Experience with developing and establishing policies and procedures within a corporation is highly preferred. The ideal candidate has experience with early stage start-ups.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Produce Monthly Financials Statements and Budget vs Actuals analysis.
● Assist with financial modeling and forecasting
● Manage Accounts Payable - Duties include ensuring accurate entry, timely payment, and compliance with company policies
● Manage Accounts Receivable - Duties include invoicing, collections, reviewing contracts
● Process on-boarding, payroll and terminations
● Mentor and train team members
● Other duties as needed/assigned
● High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations.
● Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles.
● Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients.
● Strong communication & interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers.
● Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients.
● Fast learner with high degree of curiosity
● Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the Attivo
● Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups and early stage growth companies.
Qualifications and Skills
● Professional integrity
● Solid understanding of GAAP
● Advanced Excel
● QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, Microsoft Excel, Google Apps
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
● Independent judgement and decision-making
● Ability to manage multiple priorities
● Process Improvement
● Professional Curiosity and desire to learn
● Business Acumen
● Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
● 6+ years of progressive accounting experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory position.
● Experience working in a fast-paced technology, or professional services environment.
Generous benefits and bonus program
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.