DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AT THE GRATITUDE NETWORK
Director of Marketing, The Gratitude Network
Do you have marketing and/or sales experience …and wish to use it to make a big global impact?
The Gratitude Network, a unique non-profit that offers coaching and mentoring to social entrepreneurs globally, is adding a critical role to its team!
We have a small but loyal support base of 4,000+ email addresses and 650 Facebook followers. Individual team members have substantial LinkedIn connections, but our own LinkedIn presence is nominal, as is our Twitter following.
We post regularly on Facebook and email out consistently with news and updates. Our website likely needs an overhaul—it has gotten cluttered over the past couple of yeas.
That being said, the biggest issue, is an overall marketing, branding strategy and articulation / execution of that to develop a global following to support our application process for our leadership development program, brand recognition, and to support our development efforts. We’re are ready to take this to the “next level”.
We have an opening on our team of 8 for a Director of Strategic Marketing. This person becomes a member of our overall team, will manage and direct our entire marketing strategy, branding strategy and corollary program.
Do you have experience in organization of high impact projects? Do you have what it takes to be part of an all-star team? If so, we want to hear from you!
Director of Marketing, The Gratitude Network
The Gratitude Network identifies “game-changing” social enterprises around the world who are improving the lives of underprivileged and under-served children and accelerates the success and growth of these organizations. Details on our programs, team and constituents can be found at: www.gratitude-network.org.
The Gratitude Network has established a reputation for coaching/mentoring in the social impact space. As we grow in the coming years, we want to build out a “legacy” brand and we want to get wider exposure in two audiences:
1. potential audience of supporters – families, corporations and foundations who may support us as a 501c3 non-profit, and
2. social entrepreneurs around the world who need assistance in building their organizations and would be pleased to learn the Gratitude Network is able to help them,
To reach these audiences, we need a more interactive “story-telling” website that creates a global community of followers, a much wider social media reach, and a re-design of our fund-raising strategy to allow us to create a global online donation funnel.
In order to address these audiences the Marketing Director will create exemplary communications for each of these audiences through three primary endeavors:
Overall Marketing planning, budgeting & tracking – create an annual marketing plan and budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions.
Grow Brand recognition- develop marketing plans and programs for each program using a variety of platforms: website, social media, powerpoints, etc.
Relationship Management - create and maintain relationships with various constituencies (donors, prospects, applicants, awardees, alumni) by organizing and developing specific outreach / communication programs.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for tools programs and output related to the following areas:
· Social media– design and execute on a strategy for growing our social media presence from 1,000 to 25,000; orchestrate and create content (with team) for postings on Facebook, LinkedIn and other media outlets, ; experiment with social media advertising on Facebook,
· Web - revamping the onlinge giving strategy (work with team on this) and decide on and implement the marketing elements needeed to achieve a new strategy,
· Email & Database Marketing– design and implement email campaigns to our constituents and new potential supporters, create a regular Gratitude newsletter
· Public Relations– outreach to local and national media to create media stories and articles about The Gratitude Network and its work
· Collateral– oversee development of collateral needed by the team; orchestrating and managing vendors to get creative work done.
· Brand – overall, work with rest of team and Founder to solidify and grow the brand over time; gain notoriety for Graitude Netowrk in various circles
· Media – manage the creation of video to be used with social media and on website and for our annual “soiree”
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE
· Experience in planning and executing social media, advertising and marketing campaigns,
· Proficiency in all new media platforms
· Previous work with a strong, results-oriented and action-oriented team,
· 5+ years of working marketing experience, and (ideally) an undergraduate degree in communiations, marketing, or business administration.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS
We are seeking a marketing implementorwho:
· Has an understanding of the marketing “mix” elements – PR, social media, branding/web, email marketing and advertising,
· Is a superb organizational and project skills (good with details),
· Has Excellent communications skills (with collateral, web, presentations and/or PR),
· Posesses a creative mind, and is a creative problem-solver,
· Is a team player with a strong commitment to community,
· Brings an attitude of positivity that inspires others,
· Outgoing and enjoys meeting, greeting, and networking with other people.
The Marketing Director reports to the Executive Director, Randy Haykin and will, and work closely with the Director of Programs and Events, as well as the rest of the Leadership Team.